Lately I've been feeling low
A remedy is what I'm seeking
Well, I take a taste of what's below
Come away to something better
What I want is what I've not got
And what I need
Is all around me
A-reaching, searching never stop
And I'll say...
If you could keep me floating
Just for a while
Till I get to the end of this tunnel, oh brother
If you could keep me floating
Just for a while
I'll get back to you
A remedy is what I'm seeking
Well, I take a taste of what's below
Come away to something better
What I want is what I've not got
And what I need
Is all around me
A-reaching, searching never stop
And I'll say...
If you could keep me floating
Just for a while
Till I get to the end of this tunnel, oh brother
If you could keep me floating
Just for a while
I'll get back to you
-"Jimi Thing" DMB
Oh Dave, how I've missed you. I decided to name this post "Lately..." and immediately this song popped into my mind. It kind of fits my life right now, but kind of makes absolutely NO sense. Due to the fact that Dave was probably high when he wrote the song. It is my fav DMB song though, really (Side note: when I refer to Dave, I'm referring to Dave Matthews from Dave Matthews Band or DMB).
So in the recent past, I took a trip to Seattle for Fall Break, started my new job (that's another post for another day), had some Halloween fun, and have been enjoying a break from taking classes.
Seattle: SO much FUN!! I went with my friend Britt and we had a blast! We pretty much did all that we wanted to do - Space Needle, took a ferry ride to some of the little islands (and had the BEST bbq ever!), saw the Locks, Snoqualmie Falls, the Pier, Pike's Place (where I did, in fact, see the same guy from The Real World Seattle that worked with David from the cast), toured the Underground, and so many other things! In Seattle, I just realized how much I LOVE seeing new places and experiencing new things. Here are some pics:
Halloween was so fun too! I was Barbie again this year because I only got to use that costume last year at work (bad idea to dress as Barbie around middle school boys...lesson learned), so I wore it to three parties this year and to IHOP.
Maybe I'll dye my hair platinum blonde...and give myself a mullet haircut.
So the new job's been going fairly well. It's been a big adjustment, going from a more affluent school to a Title 1 school, but I've been learning a lot and been putting those teaching skills of mine to work. Big time.
Until next time...
Seattle: SO much FUN!! I went with my friend Britt and we had a blast! We pretty much did all that we wanted to do - Space Needle, took a ferry ride to some of the little islands (and had the BEST bbq ever!), saw the Locks, Snoqualmie Falls, the Pier, Pike's Place (where I did, in fact, see the same guy from The Real World Seattle that worked with David from the cast), toured the Underground, and so many other things! In Seattle, I just realized how much I LOVE seeing new places and experiencing new things. Here are some pics:
| The Gum Wall |
| Snoqualmie Falls |
| Pike's Market |
| Ferry Ride - windy! |
Maybe I'll dye my hair platinum blonde...and give myself a mullet haircut.
So the new job's been going fairly well. It's been a big adjustment, going from a more affluent school to a Title 1 school, but I've been learning a lot and been putting those teaching skills of mine to work. Big time.
Until next time...
No comments:
Post a Comment