Sunday, October 24, 2010

Glad to be alive. Now.

In previous posts, I've mentioned my intense love of the library. This is true. However, recently I've realized that I've exhausted the library's resources. I go to the library and can now rarely find movies of interest that I have not seen. So I've picked up some random period movies, and they've been OK, not great, just okay. But I've realized a couple of things by watching these recent stupid period movies.

The first thing is that I am grateful to be alive. And be alive now. I am free to choose a spouse and companion of my own choice!! Imagine that?!? However, I am SO glad that I get to choose a companion that I want to marry regardless of his rank, family, or wealth; and also regardless of my rank, family, or wealth. I am not forbidden from choosing a spouse due to my "situation" nor due to his "situation." In some of these movies, the spouses have been lured into affairs because they were unhappy in their marriage (because they did not marry for love). SO STUPID!!!! The movies also glorify these out of marriage affairs, which is also SO STUPID, and NEVER OK!! However, I could not even imagine what it would be like to be forced into a marriage with someone that I had only met a couple of times and really did not know. I cannot even imagine what it's like to be in a marriage at all. Obviously, since I'm single and have never been married. So grateful to have my free agency. Yep, true dat. Someday I will choose a spouse whom I love and one whom I've felt will make me happy forever. Oh to imagine what that's going to be like; bliss :)
Disclaimer: By stupid period movies, I do NOT mean Pride & Prejudice, Sense & Sensibility, or any other Jane Austen movies--I mean more modern ones like The Duchess, He Knew He Was Right, Daniel Deronda, and Becoming Jane. I really love Jane Austen's stories.

Another thing I've realized as I've watched these movies is that I'm in love with love. Weird, right?! What does it mean to be in love with love??? Well, I'm not exactly sure, only that as I'm watching a love story, I can't help but get twitterpaited right along with the main female lead character. Even though I know, like in Becoming Jane, that the main character never marries. I still get so happy to watch the characters fall in love. Yet my heart also aches when their true love gets away. Ridiculous, right?!? Not sure what to do about that one.

Third thing I've realized, I want to go to Europe. I want to go see all the history there and meet people with different accents, speaking different languages. However, I am grateful to live in America, a place with real toilets that flush the real way and a place that is relatively clean...I think...I hope.

Fourth thing I've realized is that I'd also like to wear a big dress with corset some day. They're so cool! Really, they are. Maybe for Halloween someday...just maybe.

And the fifth thing I've realized is that I'm so glad that I'm not just a babymaking machine. That my womanhood is respected and celebrated. I'm not someone who is expected to marry and produce a male heir to my husband. I am a person. I have value. I am a daughter of God. And yes, it is important for me to someday marry and have children, in the Lord's timing, but there's also so much more that Heavenly Father needs me to do.

End of story. No picture for this one. Sorry, too tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment