Thursday, September 20, 2012

Random Act of Kindness

A couple Saturdays ago, I was feeling so ragged.  I had gotten to bed late that Friday before, woke up at 5am to work in the temple, went to help a few friends move right after that, and then decided to go grocery shopping before losing all my energy!  I had to pick up some things for school while at Wal Mart, and felt like I must have looked like the walking dead.  So I stopped in the back to school aisles while on my way to checkout, crouched down to attempt to find the price for composition notebooks (I bought 120!).  This cute little boy, about 4 years old, said, "excuse me?"  So I looked up apologetically, thinking I must have been in his way, but he handed me these
$10 gift card to Wal Mart and cute note!
and said, "have a nice day!" I was so surprised and touched, but thanked him, saw his mom a few feet behind him and thanked her too, telling them both how sweet it was!  I was so touched!  I was almost in tears, because earlier that day I had been stressing about money, feeling like I wasn't saving enough for my house, and how could I drive another 60 miles to see a friend, when I had already driven 20 miles to SLC earlier in the day, and every other day that week!?!  This was my little reminder from Heavenly Father that things will work out for me financially with my house and that I don't need to stress so much about it all!  I imagine Him telling me something like, "Rebekah (because he uses my full name, like my mother does), don't be ridiculous, you'll be just fine.  You can drive up to Bountiful to see your friends."

And I know it will all be just fine. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment