The other day I was teaching my Pre-Algebra 7th graders about histograms, which are like bar graphs, but different. So I have this little boy who broke his collarbone and was gone for a few days and he was telling me about how he was going to get all his homework made up. GREAT! Love that! And then he tells me about the hysterectomy homework that he was going to work on too.
Hysterectomy?!? I asked him to repeat himself to make sure I heard him correctly. Sure enough he repeated hysterectomy again. I couldn't help but bust out laughing!!! I corrected him, saying, "you mean, histograms?" Then he said oh yeah, hysterectomy is a surgery.
I don't teach Health, so I stopped the conversation there, but I told this boy that that was my favorite thing I heard ALL day.
LOVE my job! Kids say the darn-dest things :)
No comments:
Post a Comment