Sunday, October 11, 2009

Where's My Prince??

So, here I sit watching "A Cinderella Story," wondering where is my Chad Michael Murray?!? Haha, but seriously, where's my prince? I was checking some friends' blogs tonight and realizing that these two girls I grew up with, who are a year younger than me, recently celebrated five year wedding anniversaries!! CRAZY! And both have or are pregnant with their second child. It's just kind of weird to me, because I remember going to their wedding showers and receptions, and it doesn't feel like it's been five years since then, but I guess it has. Time passes so quickly, and here I sit, single, waiting for my prince to come.

Please don't get me wrong, though, I'm not unhappy or bitter with where my life has taken me. In those five years, I moved across the country to little ol' Rexburg, Idaho; graduated from college; moved to Draper, Utah-still across the country from my family; got a job working in my desired career and started year three of my teaching career just recently; and just started working on my master's degree. Many of those things, I never thought or imagined would happen to me. Ever. I honestly never thought I'd have to work, I think I thought I would just get married and have babies. Just kidding, haha! That hasn't happened, so I've been taking advantage of all the life opportunities that have come my way. I've been able to take some fun trips, have a lot of great life experiences, some not-so-good life experiences too, work at my dream job (well, most of the time, it's great anyways), and go back to school. I love everything about my life. Heavenly Father has given me tons and tons of blessings as I've listened to the Holy Ghost telling me what path I needed to take in my life. Most of the time, He didn't have to knock me upside the head with the path, but a couple of times, yes, I had a little bruise on my head. ;) Just kidding. But I really have been given a LOT of compensatory blessings in my life as I've gone through the last few years on my own. And I've really enjoyed becoming an independent, strong, confident woman. Now, again, don't get me wrong, I would absolutely LOVE to find the man that I'm supposed to go through eternity with, but for now...

Life's good. WAY good :)

No comments:

Post a Comment